A careful approach to personal data is of great importance to Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland. Personal data is carefully processed and secured. In doing so, we are in the process of complying with the law and regulations relating to the protection of personal data, such as the Personal Data Protection Act – which enters into force from 25 May 2018 – and the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG).
Data Processing Responsibility
Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland is responsible for processing your personal data, which means that our organization determines the purposes and means for processing and we are responsible for complying with legal requirements.
Objectives of processing personal data
When you visit the website of Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland, request information via our website, register for our newsletter, apply to become a Fellow, or contact us by telephone or e-mail, we will record your personal data.
Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland processes your personal data for various purposes, but we only process the personal data necessary for this, which is limited to your full name and (e-mail) address when processing newsletter sign-ups and other casual relationships. We process more personal data when it is required to execute specific agreements (such as someone’s application to our annual Fellowships). It is specifically stated at what moments in time more information is needed, and to which extent this will be used. All of this is done with your full consent.
Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland has the following objective to process your personal data:
- To be able to contact you;
- To send you information;
- To conclude and execute agreements;
Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland also uses your personal data for relationship management and outreach on our activities and news to increase and maintain our contact database. We always aim to consider your personal preferences in this process to the best of our abilities.
If you no longer wish to receive emails with updates on activities and news, you can update your email settings by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal grounds of processing personal data
Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland may only process personal data if legal grounds apply. The following legal grounds apply for processing personal data by our organization:
- In the context of the formation and/or execution of an agreement;
- In the context of research;
- To comply with law (e.g. accounting, tax obligations and obligations referring to mandatory laws and regulations);
- In cases of the legitimate interests of Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland, in which we guarantee limited impact on your privacy. For example, we process personal data in relation to:
- The exercise and defence of the rights of Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland, for example in legal disputes;
- Creation of profiles to manage Fellows and/or donors and other stakeholders, and the identification of needs of Fellows, donors and other stakeholders’;
- To take care of and improve the website, whereby Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland can determine your visit behaviour in order to provide you with targeted information, for instance for Google Analytics. Our organization applies the logic that your IP address is linked to your actions on the website, on which we determine your preferences. We always request your explicit permission beforehand.
- To contact you with regards to the Senior Fellow Network and all related matters.
Security of personal data
Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland is drafting appropriate technical, organizational procedures and measures to secure personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing.
Humanity in Action is in the process of establishing a data security policy, that includes organizational and electronic measures which are in line with the European Personal Data Protection Act.
Exchange of personal data
∙ Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland can exchange (personal) data internally in the HIA network, but ensures that the European data protection standards are applied.
∙ Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland cannot be held liable if it has to provide personal data to local authorities, in accordance with applicable legal obligations and regulations.
∙ Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make your personal data available to third parties, except as described in this privacy statement or with your prior consent.
The accuracy of personal data
By communicating your personal data you guarantee that these are accurate and complete. Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland can deny access to the websites or parts of it temporarily or permanently when communicating false identities, incomplete or incorrect data.
Storing personal data
Stichting Humanity in Action Nederland does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose of achieving the purposes for which the data are processed, and in any case as long as specific regulations require.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to access your personal data, the right to request correction, restriction or deletion of your personal data and you can also request the transfer of your data. Finally, you can object to use your personal data. If the processing of your data is based on permission, you can withdraw it at any time. You can send your written requests or questions regarding privacy-related matters to: email@example.com
You will receive an answer as soon as possible.
You are also entitled to submit a complaint about the use of your data with the Dutch Authority for personal data.
Would you like to know more about the GDPR and the Personal Data Protection Act?
Please check the Dutch Authority for Personal Information’s site
Amendments to this privacy statement